This set has all things cute, sweet and edible! You will love the little ice cream bars, cupcakes and candies packed in this set, and the sentiments are simply adorable! It is perfect for children, parties, but really you can use it anytime to send someone a sweet message.
Design Team Samples using the Way Too Sweet Stamp Set
If you want more details of any of these projects, just click the links above to go to the original post.
It’s been a month since I made a clean and simple one layer card last December. I used both masking and Copic coloring technique to achieve a colorful look on my ice cream card. Here is a video showing you how I created my card. You can watch the video tutorial here or in HD on YouTube :
How to Make a CAS One Layer Card using Masking Technique
- Draw stamping guide lines using a pencil and ruler.
- Stamp the ice cream images with Memento Tuxedo black ink and color them with Copic markers.
- Mask off the images and grid lines with some sticky notes and ink the colors using following ink pads: Picked Raspberry, Cracked Pistachio, Dark Chocolate.
- Stamp the sentiment in black and adhere the heart die cut from Mini Hearts.
- Add sparkle to the images with Wink of Stella glitter clear brush.
3 Tips for the Successful Ink Masking Technique
- Choose a right paper for your mask! Use some Post-it Note(sticky note), stamping mask paper, or printer paper. You can even use masking tape or washi tape depending on your project and what coloring medium you use.
- Cut the mask precisely! After stamping the image on your mask paper, cut the image precisely closed to the stamped lines. That way it won’t leave any uninked area near the stamped image on your project after you remove the mask.
- Work fast! You don’t want to go over too many times on your mask with ink. Otherwise you will the ink smudged under the mask paper. Thick paper can be used to prevent smudging, but you may see some white area uninked after removing the mask.
I went crazy with masking and Copic coloring to create my next card. Don’t you love the colorful cupcake display under the sweet store sign? Sweetness overload!!! :)
For my last card, my inspiration came from this photo I captured in our house. When I turn on the pendent light at the corner of our dining room, it creates a beautiful shadow heart on the wall. Does the upside down heart look like a shadow from two popsicles?
Check out my blog as I’m giving away the Way Too stamp set. One lucky winner will receive one of my handmade cards as well.
Well, that’s all I have today. Tomorrow I am leaving for a 8-day long business trip to Germany with Tasnim. Altenew will be attending Creative World which is the international trade show for hobbies, arts and crafts. Can’t wait to share what I see at the show after I’m back from the trip. Until then, happy crafting!