Hi there everyone! It’s Lydia here with you today and sharing some cards using the new Family Matters Stamp Set.

I have to say I really do love this stamp set! It has all the family sentiments you could need. Being from the UK I’m quite excited that it has ‘mum’ on it too. Also some added sentiments so you can ‘build’ your own custom sentiment.

As I was so excited about the ‘mum’ it goes without saying that I used this first. I started by stamping and heat embossing the large floral frame from Recollections Stamp Set in white onto some watercolour card. Then I covered the whole piece in clean, fresh water and dropped in colour using Altenew Crisp Inks. I used a mix of colours Ruby Red,Orange Cream, Lagoon, Bamboo, Olive, Warm Sunshine and Lavender Fields. These inks work amazingly as watercolours when I a little water is added to them.

As the background was wet the colours blended and bled out on there own, and I have to say I totally loving the look this gives. Once the piece was dry I then added my sentiment from the Family Matters Stamp Set.

Again wit this card I used watercolour card as I wanted some texture on my stamping. I stamped the sentiment first from Family Matters Stamp Set so I could then work around it. For the flowers I used Springtime Azalea Stamp Set, I stamped and masked my flower cluster at the bottom part of the card. To add a modern look I only stamped some of the flowers and leaves with their coordinating layers. For the flowers I used Sunkissed, Orange Cream and Autumn Blaze Crisp Inks and for the leaves I used Frayed Leaf, Forest Glades and Olive.

To finish off the card I used a little black splatter.

For my final card I wanted to show that you don’t just have to use the large family sets included in the set but can make everyday cards too.

I took a piece of White Woodgrain Cardstock and partially cut ‘thank’ into it using Bold Alphabet Die Set. To do this I took a piece of acetate and used repositional adhesive to keep the letters in place on it. I didn’t cut the bottom parts of the letters. So they could then pop forward. I then used the letters still attached in the same place on the acetate to cut two more pieces one from Winter Clouds Cardstock and one from Lavender Fields Cardstock, the same was done with these so the bottom edge didn’t cut so these too could pop forward behind the white one. The layers were then added to a card base made with Deep Iris Cardstock.

To finish I added one of the smaller font sentiments to finish of the sentiment.

Thank you so much for stopping by!