Happy Monday! It’s May here with a floral background card. Whenever I see the small images from my stamp sets, I can’t help myself making the stamped background.
Here is a video showing you how I created my card. You can watch it here or in HD on YouTube:
DIY Stamped Background using Outline Staming & Copic Coloring
- Draw some guide lines along the edges of the card base using a ruler and pencil.
- Mask off each edge with sticky notes.
- Stamp the images from the Doodle Blooms stamp set with Desert Night dye ink.
- Color the images with Copic markers. (Make sure to use a water-based or hybrid ink on a previous step when coloring with alcohol based marker.)
- Remove the masks and erase the pencil lines.
- Stamp HELLO from the Label Love stamp set in black, cut it out with scissors leaving some white space around it.
- Mount the sentiment on the card front with foam tape.
4 Tips on How to Build a Stamped Background
- Start stamping with the large images from your stamps.
- Create a visual triangle with the cluster of your large images.
- Fill in the gap with the smaller images. (Make sure to leave some white spaces between the images.)
- Keep the balance of your background by keeping the same colors apart.
That’s all I have for today! I hope you enjoyed seeing my card and got some inspiration. Thanks so much for stopping by. Happy crafting!