Hello, Altenew friends! It’s Virginia here. Since Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, I thought it would be fun to share His and Hers Valentine’s Day cards. Hopefully, this post will get your creative juices flowing. Now, what could be more perfect to express love with flowers and hearts?
Let’s start with HER version.
- Hand draw a heart with a pencil (you can use a heart shape die).
- Stamp the leaves from Amazing You Stamp Set around the heart with Sea Shore Oval/Mini Cube Crisp Ink Set.
- On a separate piece of white card stock, swipe Sea Shore Oval Crisp Ink Set and Rose Petal/Mini Cube Crisp Inks and let dry.
- Stamp flowers, leaves and stems with Jet Black Crisp Ink and then fussy cut them out.
- Stamp the sentiment in Sea Shore Crisp Inks and Rose Petal/Mini Cube Inks.
- Arrange and adhere the flowers around the heart.
- Embellish with strings, sequins and Nuvo Crystal Drops
This time I made a heart die cut and used the negative part as the mask. I then started stamping with Be a Lighthouse Stamp Set within the heart shape. For the waves, I used Cool Summer Night Oval Crisp Ink. After stamping, I sponged the edges with Warm Sunshine and Cotton Candy Crisp Inks. This will allow the heart to be more distinctive and pronounced.
This one layer design is definitely no fuss and no muss and is perfect for a guy. You can absolutely leave out the sequins. I added them because I accidentally made a smudge! I hope you find some inspiration in creating your His/Her cards. Please feel free to leave me a comment should you have any questions. Wish you a beautiful day!