Hello crafty friends! Yoonsun is here to share a no-line watercolor flower card using the Floral Sprig Stamp Set – I love to make no-line watercolor card with outlined flower stamps (as you may know :D).
To create this card:
1) Die cut a piece of cold press watercolor paper using the A2 sized rectangle panel die.
2) Stamp the images from the Floral Sprig set on the left part of the watercolor panel using Sand Dunes dye ink (I usually use Antique Linen Distress ink when I do no-line watercoloring but this time, I tried to use Sand Dunes dye ink instead of Antique Linen. I was quite happy to use it and will keep using Sand Dunes to stamp my no-line watercolor card in the future).
3) Color the flowers and leaves with Distress markers and Peerless watercolors.
4) Color around the flowers with Scattered Straw Distress ink.
5) Stamp the sentiment from the Floral Sprig set with Jet Black dye ink.
6) Decorate the watercolored panel with Gold Glitter Tape and natural twine.
7) Mount the panel on an A2 sized white card base using foam tape.
8) Embellish with a few clear sequins.
Thank you so much for stopping by. Have a lovely day!
Hello, crafty friends. It’s May here hosting the September Inspiration Challenge. I chose a photo of my craft supplies I took in my craft room as an inspiration photo this month. Don’t you just love all the colors and elements you see in the photo?
I decided to take three main colors – yellow, blue and red – and circle elements from the inspiration photo to create my card for today.
Besides my recent go-to technique, watercoloring, my favourite cardmaking technique is creating a stamped background by mixing small images from different stamp sets. Here are the stamp sets I used for my card : Floral Sprig, Vintage Flowers, Floral Shadow, Precious Moments, Sentiments & Quotes, and Thinking of You. By the way, I used Spicy Yogurt cardstock as a stamping panel to give an earthy texture to my background.
I made another card with the same design but different color scheme. Depending on the placement of your images and colors you choose, you can create many different looks.
I made a video tutorial to show you how to make this card from start to finish. I’m also sharing something special/different at the end of the video you won’t want to miss. :) You can watch it here or on YouTube channel. Hope you find it helpful.
Make a card, a tag, a layout or any other project based on the inspiration photo above. You may use either the colors, the composition, the elements, the texture or any combination to create your project.
- Altenew products should be the focus, but other companies’ products can be used.
- Make sure to use our challenge image above on your blog post.
- Include a link back to the Altenew Inspiration Challenge post.
- When uploading your project, make sure you link your entry post, not your entire blog.
- You may enter as many times as you wish!
- Challenge ends on Friday, September 3oth at 11:55pm EST.
After the challenge closes, four winners will be selected. Each will receive a $30 gift certificate to spend at www.altenew.com. Winners will be announced on Saturday, October 8th.
There is more! If you use #AltenewChallenge when you share your challenge entry on social media, you are entered to win a $15 gift certificate to our online store.
Please click on the button below to link your challenge entries. We can not wait to see where this month’s inspiration takes you!