Watercolor Wonders for #planneraddict

by Anna Kossakovskaya

Hello, friends! Anna is here today and I wanted to ask you – are you a #planneraddict? I can say “yes” for myself, but I can’t use too much embellishments for my planner. I have only a dashboard, a bookmark, and a couple of clips. Some days ago I went through my Altenew supplies thinking about what I can create for my next post. And after I touched the Watercolor Wonders stamp set, I already knew what to do with it!

I like this stamps set because you don’t need to be a stamping guru or to have any expensive stamping tools to create beautiful flowers. Even if you don’t get one layer to another, it does not spoil the overall picture.

IMG_1779

My main concept was to combine two absolutely different things – I adore black and white stripes, they are my passion! I also like how such stripes look with something bright and floral. So here is my planner set – it contains one dashboard, two bookmarks-dividers, and two clips.

And I even decorated some pages of my planner with the Watercolor Wonders stamp set! Just see how amazing it looks! And you can make every page really different and unique.

IMG_1781

All things are laminated and cut with the metal dies and punches from my own collection.

IMG_1780

And it’s pretty easy to repeat this design (even if you want to make one layered card like this). You just need some patience, masking paper, and clear hands.

1. Prepare white cardstock, stamps and coordinated dies (or you can fussy cut), narrow washi tape, masking paper, inks, acrylic blocks ans blending tools.
  2. On the white cardstock stamp flowers as you want, choose the colors that will coordinate to each other. I used the following Altenew Crisp Inks for my flowers: Frayed LeafForest GladesButtercreamMango SmoothieWarm SunshineFrosty PinkCotton CandyCoral Berry.
  3. Using coordinating dies, cut the flower silhouettes of the masking paper (you will need such masks for every stamped image, so just count how mush you need).
  4. Cover all your stamped flowers and leaves with prepared masks, then put your future dividers on the matt and stick some washi tape strips (I used the grid on my matt to get the perfect lines).
  5. With your blending tool and Jet Black Crisp Dye Ink blend the entire background.
  6. Remove all washi tapes and masks.
  7. Enjoy the result!

IMG_1782

Hope you were inspired to make some pretty stuff for your lovely planners too! ;)

Have a great day!

IMG_1778 S_Anna

Michele F July 14, 2016 - 09:19

Anna … it have to admit something … I am NOT a planner addict. These days, my time is my own, and I really worked hard all my life – I’ve earned this, right? BUT I adore your planner and how you’ve used the lovely Watercolor Wonders to create them! You are very brave to blend black ink!! thanks so much for sharing LOve those signature stripes! xx
=]

Anna Kossakovskaya July 14, 2016 - 10:34

Hello dear Michele! Well, about addiction was just to make this post funnier ;)) I work hard too and can’t do it normally without my planner! But I don’t need too much decorations for it. The set like I shared today is my perfect decorating set. Stylish and just adds some touches that make work with the planner more pleasant))
Thank you so much for leaving your comment about this!

Beth Holt July 14, 2016 - 09:31

Love this!

Anna Kossakovskaya July 14, 2016 - 10:34

Thank you, Beth!

Anne Sturgeon July 14, 2016 - 09:49

I am not a planner addict, but your planner is so beautiful. I love the flowers. I did get an idea from you. My older sister is putting together a picture album of pics taken when her children were younger. Three girls and one boy. These flowers would really be wonderful on her “sisters” page. Thanks for the inspiration.

Anna Kossakovskaya July 14, 2016 - 10:36

Anne, thank you so much for your comment! I think this flowers will be good even for the pages with pictures of your nephew, if to make them with more musculine colors.

Laura Jane July 14, 2016 - 10:04

Love the floral tabs on the paperclips. Fabulous post Anna!

Anna Kossakovskaya July 14, 2016 - 10:36

Thank you so much for stopping by, Laura!

Jan July 14, 2016 - 12:54

Anna…..where did you purchase the daily planner insert pages??? I’ve been looking for just this type of set up and haven’t been able to locate them….the page inserts you pictured are PERFECT for me.

Anna Kossakovskaya July 15, 2016 - 01:34

Jan, oh these pages are for free here! http://philofaxy.blogspot.ru/p/diary-inserts.html
They have a big collection of pages))

Jan July 15, 2016 - 11:23

Thank you sooooo much for the information!! I found them!! LOL I LOVE how you decorated your pages, I think I’m going to follow your lead and order the stamp sets. While I enjoy watching videos on what others are doing with stickers etc. in their planners, I’m not sure I want to spend that much time and expense (I’ve already made numerous etsy sticker purchases and now not sure I want to go in that direction) to say nothing of how much room said items take up.

Anna Kossakovskaya July 16, 2016 - 02:07

Yay!))
Oh from my side – I can’t use all these stickers, planner stamps and etc. for my planner too! But i found this way for myself – just to stamp some flowers on pages and done!)) And it doen’t take too much time, because I don’t need to stamp on the other side of sheets – the ghosting is so strong, so the images look good lol))

Nenette July 14, 2016 - 19:49

This is stunning!!! Love the contrasting colors too☺☺☺

Anna Kossakovskaya July 15, 2016 - 01:35

Thank you so much, Nenette!

Dolly July 15, 2016 - 00:36

What a fabulous idea! Loved how you personalized the pages with the watercolor stamped images :)
And the bookmarks, I fell in love with them! I am for sure gonna CASE the idea!
Thanks Anna for sharing! Hugs

Anna Kossakovskaya July 15, 2016 - 01:36

Dolly, thank you so much for stopping by and leaving your sweet comments! I’m really glad you like my idea!

Taunya Butler July 15, 2016 - 21:35

Anna – I love how gorgeous this is!! WOW – so full of pretty color and beauty!! And the accents & bookmarks are amazingly cool and using this planner would be an absolute joy!!!

Anna Kossakovskaya July 16, 2016 - 02:08

Taunya, thank you so much for stopping by and for your comment!

Renee VanEpps July 16, 2016 - 08:43

I can see why you love the floral with black and white stripes, it’s gorgeous! Your work is amazing, so clean! If I did this I would have ink covered fingerprints everywhere LOL !!

Anna Kossakovskaya July 24, 2016 - 01:37

Renee, thank you so much! Oh I often think about using latex gloves while working with the inks lol!)

Carol Baker Melancon July 23, 2016 - 10:29

I don’t need a planner, myself, but I have several friends that use them and I think this would make a lovely “just because” gift for them. They could punch and trim the dashboard and bookmarks to fit.

Anna Kossakovskaya July 24, 2016 - 01:38

Carol, thank you so much for your comment! I think, this can be very sylish gift made by your hands yay!