Rainbow Coloured Halftone Circles

by Laura

Hi there! Laura here and today I have a clean and simple project to share with you featuring the Halftone Circles stamp set.

Altenew-Halftone CirclesI only used one circle image from the Halftone Circle stamp set, but with lots of color and repetition, it creates a clean & colorful design.

Altenew-Halftone CirclesI used several Altenew ink colors on this. I’ve listed all the colors below by row. The ink sets come in full size or in mini cubes. I have a mixture of both and use them interchangeably.
Row 1: Moss, Parrot, Bamboo
Row 2: Caramel Toffee, Warm Sunshine, Buttercream
Row 3: Autumn Blaze, Orange Cream, Sunkissed
Row 4: Ruby Red, Coral Berry, Frosty Pink
Row 5: Midnight Violet, Lavender Fields, Soft Lilac

Altenew-Halftone CirclesHere’s a video to show you how I created this card.

Hope you enjoyed the video. Thanks for joining me today and I’ll see you next time!

Tasnim Ahmed May 6, 2017 - 10:15

Laura, you crack me up! I was laughing out loud when I saw you blunder! So glad you didn’t edit it out! Love watching your videos..always!!

Patty Eifert May 6, 2017 - 10:22

Such a cheerful one layer wonder Laura!! And I have that stamp set…I love it!! Love your colorful card…don’t have all those exact colors of ink, but I might have to case it exactly with my own colors!! You are the most inspirational card maker…I always love everything you make!!

Anne Sturgeon May 6, 2017 - 10:33

Love your rainbow effect. Great use of the halftone circle. Thanks for not taking out your mistake. The queen of blending is HUMAN just like the rest of us! Thanks Laura, your the best.

Pat May 6, 2017 - 10:38

I love the colors on that card with the circles. The inks certainly are vibrant. Think it’s great when you leave your blunders in as then it doesn’t make me feel so bad when I do things like that. Guess it hits everyone at some time. Thank you.

Helen May 6, 2017 - 10:42

Laura, this is a great way to create a background with the halftone stamps. It’s a great backdrop for so many sentiments. Thanks for passing on this idea.

Donna W May 6, 2017 - 10:49

Love your card. It is clean and simple. I love the clean effect. Keeping it clean and simple makes it elegant. Love it and the colors you chose.

Debbie Barba May 6, 2017 - 11:03

Loved your video Laura! Been trying to think of ways to use this stamp set and you just provided me with a great one! Thanks for making us all feel better about making mistakes and letting us know that it’s all part of the process! Love your videos and all your designs!!!

janet May 6, 2017 - 11:03

Haha – fabulous card (and design) 0 TERRIFIC video too.

Trudie Vick May 6, 2017 - 11:58

Beautiful. Love the colors especially the green. :) Glad you included the blunder. Lets me know that I’m not the only one that makes a card 3 times 4 times. Thanks for sharing.

MelissaF May 6, 2017 - 12:42

Beautiful OLC, love Altenew colors especially those tropical greens too! Thanks for sharing the blunder, a good reminder that not everything comes out perfectly every time.

Kathy May 6, 2017 - 12:43

I loved your card. Actually I don’t think I’ve ever not liked one of your cards. But best of all to know that you actually sometimes have to make three cards to get it right, made me want to continue thanks for sharing

Teresa Doyle May 6, 2017 - 15:33

Another beautiful card Laura even with the blunder. Imagine, the “GREAT Laura Bassen” is just like us! Love it! LOL Also, your video is a great reminder about using the MISTI in different ways. TFS!

Teresa Doyle May 6, 2017 - 15:33

Stefanie May 6, 2017 - 16:56

I so love that you are art driven. Art from the Heart, I say!
Absolutely love this card and it is so gender neutral even with the pink shades. Laura, I think you are the best. TFS.

Maureen Reiss May 6, 2017 - 18:31

Good to know you make mistakes like that too!!! lol
Gorgeous card!!!

Viola Leary May 6, 2017 - 18:32

Fabulous card. I do love all the colors, I have this stamp set so I’m defiantly going to give it a try.

sharon mesdag May 6, 2017 - 18:52

I love, love the colour. That stamp set has held my attention since it came out. You confirmed it, got to have it.

Pat McCleary May 6, 2017 - 20:06

Love this card, Laura. I got this stamp set recently & now I’ll try your design. Thanks for another fun video.

barbara lassiter May 6, 2017 - 21:45

Love your card. It’s simple and beautiful. Thanks for sharing your “oops” moment! I do things like that all the time. I mailed a thank you card to a friend today that had to be “fixed”. She won’t know unless she takes it apart, but sometimes they can’t be fixed. :)

Joni S May 6, 2017 - 22:08

Love this – need those half tone circles! I can imagine using a central imagine of some sort, masking it off, and doing this “around” it as a frame….just love it!

Thanks, Laura! – Joni

Kirsty Vittetoe May 6, 2017 - 22:19

Oh how fun!

Barb macaskill May 7, 2017 - 14:46

I love this! I have this set and m going to try something similar! TFS!

Tammy Whitley May 9, 2017 - 09:54

Laura I love this stamp set. When I first saw it I thought… nope, not interested. But….then I saw your card and you did the video and I was head over heels in love with it. I love the way you did the colors from bright to light, and the repetition of it made it just so “perfect”. Maybe it’s an OCD thing!!! LOL!!! I love that you left in your little blunder because I totally idolize you and your work, and now I know that your just like me. Mostly normal but you do make mistakes and have to start all over again! Thanks Laura for another great video and for showing us that you make mistakes too!!! You are human, phew, I was beginning to wonder! LOL Have a wonderful day!