Die Highlight: Layered Snowflakes Die Set + Video!

by Therese Calvird

Hi, it’s Therese and it’s time for another Die Highlight. Today I used the Layered Snowflakes Die Set and I have three cards and a video to share.

My first card has a border created with the Layered Snowflakes Die. I stamped my own background pattern using the Peace Love Joy, Starry Night and Blessings Stamp Sets.

Altenew - Layered Snowflake Die - Peace Love Joy - Therese Calvird (card) 1 copyI used the Frosty Pink and Sea Breeze Crisp Dye Inks.

Altenew - Layered Snowflake Die - Peace Love Joy - Therese Calvird (card) 1 copyMy second card design has the same colors blended in the background to highlight the negative die-cut snowflakes within the panel.

Altenew - Layered Snowflake Die - Starry Night - Therese Calvird (card) 1 copyI stamped the sentiment in Silver Stone Crisp Dye Ink. I wonder if you can see the Iridescent Shimmer Ink splatters in the background?

Altenew - Layered Snowflake Die - Starry Night - Therese Calvird (card) 1 copyMy final card and video are very different. This time I used the Birch Wood Specialty Paper to create a panel, you can watch the process in the video linked below.

Altenew - Layered Snowflake Die - Festive Poinsettia - Therese Calvird (card video) (1) copyI heat embossed a white sentiment from Festive Poinsettia on Apple Red Cardstock.

Altenew - Layered Snowflake Die - Festive Poinsettia - Therese Calvird (card video) (1) copyYou can watch the video below or watch it in HD on YouTube.

This Layered Snowflakes Die Set is divine, I hope you love it as much as I do! Thanks so much for visiting today.

s_therese

Sea Breeze Crisp Dye Ink
[ ALTN ]
Silver Stone Crisp Dye Ink
[ ALTN ]
Iridescent Shimmer Ink Spray – Altenew
[ ALTN ]
Birch Wood (5 sheets/set)
[ ALTN ]
Festive Poinsettia Stamp Set
[ ALTN ]
Apple Red Cardstock (10 sheets/set)
[ ALTN ]

Marty Casey October 21, 2018 - 10:22

Was great fun watching you make the wooden snowflakes card over on YouTube!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

Therese Calvird October 22, 2018 - 01:59

Thanks so much Marty

memalagene October 21, 2018 - 11:25

Awesome cards, I love the wooden snowflakes, thanks for the video! The technique of adding the die cuts to the fun foam inside the entire sheet looks like a good idea!

Therese Calvird October 22, 2018 - 02:00

I’ve found this is the easiest for me. Thanks so much for your lovely comments. Therese

L Patton October 21, 2018 - 11:55

Wood snowflakes! What a fun concept! Love the design and look forward to seeing you design a card with the snowflake dies layered up as well!

Therese Calvird October 22, 2018 - 02:01

Yes, they look awesome all layered up, it’s kind of like I forgot that part of it when I got them out, I just started playing and the ideas kept coming (but not for the layered one at the tijme lol).

Teresa Doyle October 21, 2018 - 19:35

Oh Therese, the colours you used on the first two cards are SO PRETTY! Unfortunately I can’t see the shimmer ink splatters but it is gorgeous as it is. The Iridescent splatters must look amazing IRL though. The video was great and these snowflakes are so detailed they are calling my name. Beautifully done on all counts!

Therese Calvird October 22, 2018 - 02:02

ooh yes, they called my name too lol. I know you will love them as much as I do.

Teresa Doyle October 21, 2018 - 19:45

Therese your first two cards are SO PRETTY! Your colour choice is perfect with these delicate snowflakes. Unfortunately I can’t see the shimmer splatters but I am sure that it looks amazing IRL. Again, the video was great and the wood paper looks so nice with the snowflakes, I don’t think I would have thought to do that but I love it! TFS!

Kirsty Vittetoe October 21, 2018 - 20:01

Beautiful creations!

Therese Calvird October 22, 2018 - 02:02

Teresa Doyle October 21, 2018 - 20:15

I love the colours you used on your first 2 cards and they really show off the beautiful snowflakes. I can’t see the shimmer splatters but I am sure they look amazing IRL.
The video is great and I love the wood paper.

Pennie October 22, 2018 - 00:39

All your cards are beautiful. You always have make everything look so easy to replicate.

Therese Calvird October 22, 2018 - 02:02

Bev Page. October 29, 2018 - 10:00

Hi Therese. I just commented on Youtube. Those first two cards are to die for (no pun intended) but you used my favourite colours, so I need to go back up and read which ones you used and write it down for when I get some money. Love the wooden ones too, and I think the whole card is funky, not just the big snowflake. I thanked you for your advice on the Youtube comment, but don’t want to do it again here. You always make me chuckle, and I’m always in awe of your “designer brain”. I wish you’d made a video of the first two cards as well – they are gorgeous, and I just love to hear your Aussie accent. Bev from Sydney. Don’t know how it happened, but I’ve got a URL on your page, but it just changed from aqua to pink! Crazy! Don’t know how I got one, but it doesn’t matter, does it? LOL.

Therese Calvird November 5, 2018 - 15:40