Video: Lydia’s Crafty Corner – Layering Dies Two Ways

by Lydia Evans

Hello there everyone and happy Friday! Lydia here with you again! Today I’ll be sharing how you can get two different looks using Layering Dies.

To get these two different looks all I did was change out the ‘coloring’ medium; the first card uses Artist Markers while the second uses patterned paper.

So for the first card, I started by cutting all of the dies from Layered Floral Elements Die Set from Classic Crest Solar White Cardstock. Once the pieces were all cut out, I then colored these using Artist Markers; (you can color these with any color you wish) I used Frosty Pink, Coral Berry, Ruby Red, Ocean Waves, Desert Night, Caramel Toffee, Paper Bag, Frayed Leaf, Forest Glades, and Evergreen Markers. When they were all colored, I adhered them together using some wet glue.

The second card is softer than the first and this is down to the patterned paper I chose to use. I chose one of the beautiful papers from Reflection Collection 12×12 Paper Pad, the one I used had all of the colors I need which was great! I simply placed the dies from Layered Floral Elements Die Set into place on the patterned paper and cut them out. I love that I didn’t have to do any coloring and the effects are amazing. Once all of the pieces were cut, I then adhered them together using wet glue.

I finished the cards off simply by using a sentiment from More Than Words Stamp Set and adhered the flowers and leaves into place.

For a video on how these cards came together, please check out the video below or over on YouTube:

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Want to get the most out of your layered dies? We’ve got just the thing to help you take your die-cutting skill to the next level! GET IT HERE.

~SUPPLY LIST~

Layered Floral Elements Die Set
[ ALTN ]
More Than Words Stamp Set
[ ALTN ]
Classic Crest Solar White (25…
[ ALTN ]
Artist Markers Set A
[ ALTN ]
Artist Markers Set B
[ ALTN ]
Permanent Black Crisp Ink
[ ALTN ]
3 Pack Glue Tape
[ ALTN ]
6×6 Reflection Paper Pad
[ ALTN ]
Reflection Collection Paper & Sticker…
[ ALTN ]

margaret driscoll January 11, 2019 - 09:22

Hello Lydia
I just love the cards you did today, and thank you for the tutorial!
Love Marg

Cindy C. January 11, 2019 - 10:13

Both so beautiful!! Thanks for the great video!

barbara lassiter January 11, 2019 - 10:18

These are really beautiful and thank you for the video. You’ve inspired me to get out my two layering floral dies and see what I can create.

Betty January 11, 2019 - 12:57

love both of your cards, Lydia – especially the one using the patterned paper – thanks for the ideas!!

cyndi morris January 11, 2019 - 14:20

I recently purchased the Layered Floral Elements dies and can’t stop playing with them — I’ve done so much die cutting a have a callous on my “crank” finger! I have many Altenew products and love them all, but I must say I’ve never had this much fun with a new product. I love your cards and your tips for coloring and using patterned paper (I’ve been using colored card stock). Thanks so much for sharing these gorgeous creations.

Kirsty Vittetoe January 11, 2019 - 14:48

OMGosh–gorgeous cards and products!

Beverly Jordan January 11, 2019 - 16:11

You have so many beautiful ideas and am loving these two cards the two different ways! Great inspiration and am in love with your work!!! Thank you for always smiling and sharing with us!!

Mary W January 11, 2019 - 20:50

This would be a fun way to spend a morning with a couple friends over coffee. Just punch out the pieces and fill two bowls for your friends then provide white cardstock and have some black ink ready or tell them to bring some of their favorite large sentiment stamps. Not too much planning, too many supplies, nor too much fussing – just fun. I will be having a piecing party very soon! Thanks for the great inspiration.

Mary W January 11, 2019 - 20:52

And a great way to use up a pile of scraps!

Maureen Reiss January 11, 2019 - 21:12

Gorgeous cards!!

Mindy1414 January 11, 2019 - 23:10

Both cards are beautiful, I love ideas to use dies and patterned paper. I just received this patterned paper so I’m excited to get to cutting :) Thanks for the inspiration!
(mardy14@bellsouth.net)

Conniecrafter January 12, 2019 - 10:45

Love them both but I do so love the watercolor look of the papers you used!

Henriëtte January 12, 2019 - 14:04

Gorgeous Lydia, love the paper pads Altenew brought a while a go, they are so beautiful and versatile. thank you for showing and have a great sunday.

Helen January 12, 2019 - 19:26

Lydia, both cards are so lovely–thanks for sharing the patterned paper way of achieving colored die cuts. I always enjoy learning new ways to create with the Altenew floral dies. They are among my favorites.

Cathy Lillie January 14, 2019 - 02:25

Both cards are so pretty! I really like the look of the flowers die cut from the patterned paper.