Stamp Focus: Rose Spray + Video

by Laurie Willison

Hello friends, it’s Laurie Willison here.  I am stopping by today to share a new stamp set with you. Rose Spray is a new set available in the April 2019 Release and it has quickly become one of my favorites. I have a card to share today along with a quick video tutorial of how I made this card.

Here is today’s project…

To create this card, I used Altenew’s Classy Stripes Stencil and a little Limestone Ink to create a subtle background.  I  cut the panel down to 4 1/4″ x 4 1/4″ and then stamped the leaf image from the new Rose Spray Stamp Set in Frayed Leaf all over the striped background. I love the 2 tone image because that inside layer of Forest Glades Ink gives a lot of depth.

I used the largest of the Halftone Square Dies to emboss a frame around the striped panel.  Next, I cut 1″ off from the top and bottom of the striped panel and added them with foam tape to the top and bottom of the A2 white card front.

Next, I embossed in the same way, a piece of white cardstock and then cut 3 1/4″ out of the center so I would just have the embossed lines along the side.  I stamped the sentiment from Handpicked Bouquet Stamp Set along the bottom of the white panel and then popped it up on foam tape in the center of the card, leaving 1/4″ space between the striped panels.

I added a stamped and die cut rose and leaf images on the front of the card and then added in some black enamel dots to finish it off.

The Rose Spray Stamp Set is beautiful and so easy to stamp! I hope you have enjoyed today’s card. Check out this video to see the creation process:

Thank you so much for coming by today!  Have a great day!

~SUPPLY LIST~

[ ALTN ]
Forest Glades Crisp Dye Ink
[ ALTN ]
Frayed Leaf Crisp Dye Ink
[ ALTN ]

Christine LoCascio April 18, 2019 - 10:51

I hope I win this beautiful card set

Tricia Podmore April 18, 2019 - 11:02

So stunning! Beautiful stamp and your color palette superb. Love your work!!

Greta H April 18, 2019 - 12:06

Thinking I may need to change my wishlist & make Rose Spray my first choice as I really want something I can feel successful layering. The images are gorgeous & I love your creative, beautiful card!

Surekha Galagoda April 18, 2019 - 12:22

Dear Laurie
Oh my God your card is soo pretty. Love it be it colors technique all are fab. It is a true beauty. My coloring sucks. I love the way u give life to these beauties.

Pooja April 18, 2019 - 12:30

So beautiful card and loved the design too !

Tasnim Ahmed April 18, 2019 - 14:01

What a beautiful elegant card! and a great video too!!!

Janice Hixon April 18, 2019 - 14:48

Love how you created your background, and then cut and seperated it to make an original and beautiful card. My compliments!

Brenda S. Schuhmacher April 18, 2019 - 19:30

Hey Laurie, just want to say they should call it “FUN FOAM”. Nice card. I love how you split up the design in thirds. I really love how your video moved along. We all know how to use the die cut machine…just show us the highlights.

Henriëtte April 20, 2019 - 11:26

Stunning card Laurie, Lovely how you split your background up and your video came just on the right time! I messed up a background that I was stamping with several little stamps and I drop one in the middle, it was a big stain for such a small stamp. Now I know what to do with it, cut the middle part a way! Thank you so much for your post and this inspirational video.