VIDEO: Lydia’s Crafty Corner – Sprayed and Doodled Watercolor Florals

by Lydia Evans

Hello there everyone! Lydia here. Today I’ll be sharing a fun technique to add a little extra detail to your spritzed watercolors using Billowing Blossom Stamp Set.

To create the soft watercolor effect, I used the solid stamps from Billowing Blossom Stamp Set and Spring Garden Watercolor Brush Markers. I added color to the stamps using the Watercolor Brush Markers, added a spritz of water using a mini mister then stamped the images into place. I used Warm Sunshine, Rubellite and Midnight Violet Markers for the flowers, Limeade and Moss Markers for the leaves and Sea Breeze and Midnight Violet Markers for the blossoms. I then left these to dry before adding the flower centers using Obsidian Pigment Ink.

Once all the stamping was complete I then added some doodling to the images using a fine line pen. For the sentiment, I used a sentiment from Label Love Stamp Set.

For a video on how this card was created please check out the video or over on our YouTube Channel:

Thanks so much for stopping by!

~SUPPLY LIST~

Billowing Blossoms Stamp Set
[ ALTN ]
Label Love Stamp Set
[ ALTN ]
Watercolor Brush Markers – Spring…
[ ALTN ]
Obsidian Pigment Ink
[ ALTN ]
3 Pack Glue Tape
[ ALTN ]
Classic Crest Solar White (25…
[ ALTN ]

barbara lassiter August 30, 2019 - 10:26

This is beautiful. I have that little stamp set and can’t wait to try this. The Watercolor Wonder stamp set could be used this way too, I think! :)

Stella Olejar August 30, 2019 - 10:49

Lydia oh my goodness I truly love this card. Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us. Not quite sure if I could doodle and it come out as neat but I definitely want to give it a go. Always looking forward to your lovely card ideas. Have a blessed day,

Karen F. August 30, 2019 - 11:28

I’m amazed at all of your talent! Thank you for inspiring me with your beautiful card!

Sandy Mcallister August 30, 2019 - 11:53

Charming I’m going to try this technique Thanks for sharing how to do this

Cyndi Morris August 30, 2019 - 14:27

What a beautiful, fun technique. I recently bought a set of Altenew Watercolor Brush markers and I’m having so much fun with them. Now I have a new technique to try — can’t wait.

Tasnim August 30, 2019 - 17:15

This is so gorgeous Lydia! Love the technique!!

Bronwyn Maingard August 31, 2019 - 01:40

Absolutely beautiful… you make it look so easy!

Greta H August 31, 2019 - 12:24

You are an absolute artist, Lydia! One of my favorite cards! I really can’t doodle, but may try again anyway as I can’t stop staring at your card!

Clelie August 31, 2019 - 14:22

Okay…I slowed it way down to watch your doodling (which I stink at…) and I am encouraged to try again. :D TFS! Love LOVE the card technique and design! ♥