Die Highlight: Polish Papercuts 3D Die

by Aga

Hello, everyone! It’s Aga here with a highlight post on the Polish Papercuts 3D Die Set.

As a Polish girl, I was super happy to see this set come out! Wycinanki (vee-chee-non-kee) is a traditional Polish art of paper cut-outs. It became a popular folk craft in the mid-1800s. Wycinanki features traditional motifs like flowers, leaves, and animals (i.e. roosters) in bright colors and symmetrical patterns, but their styles vary by the regions in Poland. Each paper cut-out was handmade using sheep shears to form the designs, which required precision and was time-consuming. I’m very excited, because this die set will make it so simple in making paper-cut designs from now on!

Today, I created three projects to give you a few different ideas of using this set. I decided to go for a color combo, that is not usual for Polish papercuts, but those warm tones are colors I associate with autumnal folk art.

For my first card, I used the die-cuts to create a circular design in the center.

To finish it, I stamped a sentiment from Thinking of You Stamp Set with black.

For the next card, I die cut my elements out of different cardstocks and used them to create a floral background.

I think the background looks great as it is, so decided to keep it without any sentiment. This is the kind of card that can be used for a ‘just because’ occasion.

My last card is very CAS one. This time I only used the smallest part of the die-cuts to create a simple border.

For the sentiment, I again used the Thinking of You Stamp Set, but this design could be easily turned into a Christmas card.

I hope you’ve enjoyed these examples and you found some inspiration today! I can’t wait to see all your beautiful projects created with this set!

Thank you for stopping by today!

~SUPPLIES~

Polish Papercuts 3D Die
[ ALTN ]
Thinking of You Stamp Set
[ ALTN ]
Obsidian Pigment Ink
[ ALTN ]
Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine
[ ALTN ]

Laura P. September 21, 2019 - 10:34

Hi Aga, Your cards are stunning! Each card is beautiful and it looks like a lot of fun to build these florals. I have one of the other Altenew 3D die sets and love it. This new die set is going on my wish list!

Delia Wilkes September 21, 2019 - 10:39

Beautiful cards. Love them all. The colours are strong and really set off the designs

vera feldman September 21, 2019 - 10:53

Cute cards thanks for sharing.

Barbara-Jean September 21, 2019 - 11:56

Thank you, Ava. I bought the stamp set, but not the die cuts. More ideas found using the stamps without the layering, though 😒 I, too, love all things chocolate and look forward to practicing with the stamps to honor my Polish ancestry!

Maria Alder September 21, 2019 - 14:33

Wonderful card, striking colours and so nice to see and hear about your background.
Find this a bit Scandinavian too and as I’m from Sweden I like it very much :>) x

Pri September 21, 2019 - 18:07

What an amazingly gorgeous set of cards!!

Terrie D. September 21, 2019 - 19:04

What beautiful cards! I love the colors you used for the die cuts. :)

Lisa Ainscough September 21, 2019 - 19:33

You’ve nailed the beauty of this due cut set. Vibrant colours and creative cards.
Thank you so much for your offerings today.
Cheers
Lisa

Helen September 21, 2019 - 22:03

Aga, I just love these cards. Having a set of grandparents who emigrated from Poland and visiting there, myself, I love all things Polish. The beautifully cut paperwork I saw while visiting is so well captured in these dies. They are definitely on my wish list. tfs

Marianne Davis September 22, 2019 - 05:01

Absolutely love this Polish 3D set and the cards you have created. I can’t wait to try it. i, too, have Polish ancestors and will be visiting Poland soon and so it is extra special for me. As there are so many different sizes, shapes, how do you align or set up the overall design so it appears straight?

Aga September 22, 2019 - 07:03

That’s a good question, Marianne! I’m starting with single elements, like a flower. I’m cutting out all the layers of the flower and adhering them together. Then, I use the complete elements to move around my card and create an arrangement that I’m happy with (and adding more elements if needed). Ps. Enjoy your visit in Poland! :)

lizbechtel69 September 23, 2019 - 10:03

These are really beautiful cards and they remind me of the Amish medallions that I see in certain parts of Pennsylvania. They must get their inspiration from the Polish art! Or perhaps have some Polish blood. Really fantastic!