Take 2 with Therese: Stamp Focus: Rosy Outlook + Video!

by Therese Calvird

Hi, it’s Therese and I am back with another edition of Take 2 with Therese.

Today, I am sharing two cards using Altenew’s Rosy Outlook Stamp Set.

Altenew - Rosy Outlook - Graph Die Cut Tape - Take 2 with Therese (card video) (1) copy

I started by adding some colors using Artist Markers to some Graph Die Cut Tape (as well as creating a background that you can see in the video linked below).

The flowers are really easy to stamp layer and I used the Cherry Blossom and Green Fields Ink to do this.

I also added some Pure White Ink Spray and a sentiment from the Precious Peony Stamp Set.

Onto my second card now and this one has a Bold Alphabet Die sentiment with a sub-sentiment stamped on top from the Dot Botanicals Stamp Set.

I also added a small Dark Gray Cardstock border and some jewels.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Hope you were inspired to create your handmade cards with the Rosy Outlook Stamp Set!

You can watch my video here or watch it in HD on YouTube.

~SUPPLY LIST~

Classic Crest Solar White (25…
[ ALTN ]
Classic Crest Solar White (25…
[ ALTN ]
Pale Gray Cardstock (10 sheets/set)
[ ALTN ]
Dark Gray Cardstock (10 sheets/set)
Graph Die Cut Tape
Rubellite Crisp Dye Ink
Razzleberry Crisp Dye Ink
Andromeda Crisp Dye Ink
Industrial Diamond Crisp Dye Ink
Pure White Ink Spray

barbara lassiter October 30, 2019 - 10:29

Love both of these and they are beautiful. Thank goodness for Take Two with Therese! This series is always fun and informative! The first card design gave me an idea for a card design I’ve been struggling with and now I know what to do! :)

Therese Calvird October 30, 2019 - 15:58

Thanks so much Barbara, I am so happy that I was able to help, Hope you have a fabulous and crafty day!

Mary Lamp October 30, 2019 - 11:20

I love the cutout with the design inside! Very cute.

Therese Calvird October 30, 2019 - 15:58

Thanks so much Mary!

Maxine M. October 30, 2019 - 17:57

I love Altenew stamps and dies. I hear on video’s a lot that “these are easy to line up” but I always struggle with aligning them no matter who makes them. Must be me. Even looking at the packaging doesn’t really help me. ugh. BTW, I’m loving the tape! How do they come up with this stuff?

Therese Calvird October 31, 2019 - 04:15

Hi Maxine, I have found that if I struggle with the ‘lining’ up of the layers that I just practice and it just seems to click in the end lol. I would suggest using a stamp positioning tool and making multiples of the same flower at once in production line style (even have a ‘practice’ one to make sure you are happy with the layers before committing). I also have improved in my layers since I started being more specific about following the instructions on the packaging. There are also instruction videos available for many of the flowers too, so these may give you some help. Other tricks I use are to have a pencil in a similar colour to fill in any gaps that I may have missed. I hope these tips may help. Crafty hugs, Therese

Sonja Woodward October 30, 2019 - 19:50

Absolutely love the background idea on the card and will be trying it soon. These videos are so inspiring. Thank you much!

Therese Calvird October 31, 2019 - 04:15

Thanks so much Sonja!

dawnnz October 31, 2019 - 04:32

So beautiful Therese. You make the most amazing cards.

Therese Calvird October 31, 2019 - 15:39