Tasnim here, and today I am very pleased to join my friend Taheera’s annual event, the advent calendar extravaganza. I designed two cards, and I hope you will find them inspirational :)
Advent Calendar Extravaganza is -the- festive event of the season! This ‘hop with a twist’ was dreamed up by Taheerah Atchia and features surprise destinations each day! Joining in the fun with Taheerah are ONE HUNDRED special guests – each serving up some fantastic Christmas inspiration! Just like an Advent Calendar, you’ll never know where you’re going to be visiting next until you ‘open the door’!
And that’s not all! With 25 *amazing* sponsors taking part as guests as well, your crafty wish list is bound to get a boost with a chance to win a prize EVERY SINGLE DAY!!
- Apply mask all around the periphery of the card, I used a standard washi tape.
- Stamp the berry images (from Poinsettia and Pine stamp set) in black, color the berries with Ruby Red marker, and cover them with glossy accent.
- Stamp and white emboss the vines, vines are from Peace on Earth and Poinsettia and Pine stamp sets.
- Apply Mountain Mist ink using a sponge applicator, start at the top and gradually move downwards to get the ombre look.
- Stamp sentiment in black.
- Remove the mask and admire your work ;)
For my second card, I used one of my favorite images from this year, the world ornament from the set Peace on Earth.
I love how the ornament looks embossed in gold! Here I used Antique Gold and some Gansai Tambi watercolors. I drew a black line with a pen and stamped the bow image from Festive Silhouettes. I then matted the waterclored piece on a slightly larger card stock where I previously covered the edges with gold glitter tape. Finally I mounted the finished piece on a white card base using foam tape.
It’s not a party without a prize – and with prizes every day there are several chances to win! Simply leave a comment on this post – then head back to taheerah-atchia.com and leave a comment there too! You must leave a comment on Taheerah’s blog as well as ours in order to be eligible to win! Don’t forget to grab the other surprise destinations from Taheerah’s blog and head over to them to leave comments there as well to improve your odds even more! You have until 23:59 EST on 31st December 2017 to enter.
Don’t forget Advent Calendar Extravaganza runs from 1st-25th December inclusive so make sure you visit taheerah-atchia.com
Thanks for stopping by! Happy crafting!