I started by stamping the images on 9×12 Watercolor Cardstock by Altenew. Next, I used Cherry Blossom pigment from the Artists’ Watercolor Pan Set to color my rose. For the leaves, I used various greens. Then I used the coordinating dies to die cut them.
For the oval frame, I secured two of the largest ovals together with washi tape and ran it through my die cutting machine twice. This resulted in two pieces of oval frames which I glued together for sturdiness.
The second part of this card was the background. For that, I started by applying water to A2 Loose Watercolor Cardstock leaving the periphery of the panel dry. Then I dropped in Sea Shore pigment from the Artists’ Watercolor Pan Set. For sparkle, I added a bit of Aquamarine and Sterling Silver watercolors from the Metallic Watercolor 14 Pan Set. For interest, I added splatters of Tropical Forest pigment from the Artists’ Watercolor Pan Set.
Once dry, I added fine black paint splatters.
To give dimension to my card front, I adhered the oval frame with foam tape and then the floral images with foam tape as well. The sentiment was stamped in Obsidian Ink.
To finish, I adhered a few Satin White Sequins.
You can watch the process video below or on YouTube.
I hope you enjoyed the coloring process. Thank you for stopping by!